Saturday, July 25, 2009

You, me ... us... they... we are just part of the play

Have u ever imagine that you, me, they , we.. we are just part of a play? A play that has been directed God and we are the actors and actress? Sitting in a room filled with people, all and each of us have our own story to share. Each individual that lives in this world has a story to portray. A character to play and a script to follow. Just like what we see in television, we are the actors and actress. The only thing difference is we do not get the chance to see the script beforehand. It just happens spontaneously. I was watching this movie in astro today, a chinese movie called the cocktail. This movie talked about how people behaviour, how people express their feeling.. what each of them has gone through and how it affect their life. And all these happens in a pub. The pub is like a place.. a shelter for people to get away from all that.

Relate that movie to my surrounding, I think this movie is quite true. Looking at the people I know around me, each of us have our own story..our character to play. And each of us do not only plays one character, but many characters at a time. For myself, I have play the characters as a daughter to my parents, a sister to my siblings, friend to my friends, employee to my employer, a coordinator to my students...and so many more to explore. At times, we just get tired of playing so many roles. Wish to give up and leave everything behind... but we know we just can't. This is what life is all about. Like what I said, our life is a play which is directed by God. He choose us to play that particular roles and He has the power to make us do things that He wants it to be. He can direct us to play the evil roles... the good role.. and He decides when our roles should come to an end too. If only I can gather everyone in a room and share their life story... I bet the day will never ends.

I look at the friends around me and each of them tells me a different story. I have one friend that tells me how his life is being controlled by his parents, how much he suffered due to loneliness, how much he loves freedom in life... I have another friend who tells me that how stupid of him in his relationship. How he got fooled by the girl he loves, and ended up being dumped by her. And another friend who tells me that he is confused over his sexuality. And friends who tell me lot of their own story... And looking at my own story, I also have lot of story to share. Story of how I screwed up my life.. story about how failure is my previous relationship... story about how lucky am I to be where I am today... story about my confusion over what I want in life... Sometimes I just wish life can be simpler. Too much complication and too many roles to play at one time is very tiring and confusing sometimes.

- I just want to live a simpler way of life-

No comments: