Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life oh Life

Have you ever question yourself why is life sometimes so boring? Why is life at times too routine and why we have to do what we have to do at that particular stage of life? What is life to us? For some people, they might said that life is a process of enjoying… some might said that life is a creation by God… so we have to live life to the fullest… some people might also said that life is a process where human or people waiting to die. And in the journey of waiting… we can choose to live our life the way that we want. Different people will have different definition when comes to this. Personally, I think life is nothing extraordinary or so great about it. Life is somehow shaped by the environment we are dealing with everyday. At times I wonder why I am born into this world. Well, of course I have no say about this… I have to ask my parents why. Why do I say that life is shaped by the environment we are living in? I think I can only say through my 25 years of life experiences and also from the environment around me.
Looking back at my life or most of us here today, since the day we were born, our life was been nicely arranged by those people who were born so much earlier than us. When we were six or seven years old, we were sent to kindergarten for pre-primary education. Some of us might even been sent to those extra activities such as ballet dancing or piano lesson. How I wish that my parents actually send me to those dancing class, but too bad I was not given that opportunity. See... sometimes we were not given the choice to choose the life that we want. Then when we were eight years old, we were sent to primary school by our parents. Why? Cause it is the government’s law that all children must have proper education. Alright… we wasted our six years there doing something that I think do not benefit us much. Again, we were not given a choice to choose if that is what we want in life. Then we continued our journey to the secondary school after completed our primary education. Another five years were wasted there and what do we get in return? A SPM certificate that probably help you to earn about 1k per month. That is why our parents sent us to college so that we can get a degree and better qualification that can help us to earn thousands after our graduation. After graduation, we will eventually step into the working environment that is so not fun at all. But why we still need to work when it is not fun? For survival of life… to meet the life’s needs and wants… if we do not work, we cannot survive. Isn’t life is complicated?
Why can’t we just go out there and do exactly what we want to do rather than going through these stages of life? Because that is what life is all about. I think life is basically about studying… working… family and friendship. When I completed my secondary school back in year 2001, people started to ask me… what courses I plan to do after SPM? Which college or university you plan to join after SPM? I would gladly tell them that I want to do hotel hospitality and management. But I ended up doing business courses. Why? Cause my family financial do not allow me to do so. So I got no choice but work it out within my capacity and ability. When I started to join the working force, I realized that working is not interesting at all; especially when you are doing something that you have no interest in it. How many people have the opportunity to do what they love as their career? Not many people I can say. I always wanted to register myself for those dancing academy to learn dancing through the proper channel. But the environment I am living now does not allow me to do so. I am restricted!
Then we reach a certain stage of life, people will tend to force you to think about relationship and family. It is like a must do things in life before you die. Studying… get a job… start a family… live happily ever after. Is this what life is all about? I always wonder. I have this friend who is about 30 years old and still single and available. She used to be a jovial lady. She seems to enjoy her single life a lot. But as her age keep increasing, she was somehow started to think about relationship and family. I asked her why… she said that everyone around her has already started to build their own family except her. So she started to join those match making company even though that is not what she wants. See how powerful these influences of environment in our life are and how it actually changed someone’s life.

Of course some might said that we do have choice to live our life the way we want. Yes of course we do. But the question is how many of us have that opportunity. Then people will say that opportunity has to be created by us, ourselves. But then how long do we have to toil for that opportunity to come to us? Either fast or slow, as long as we do not have the opportunity yet, our life will still be influenced or shaped by the environment we dealing and living in today.

No comments: