And now I present to you the joke of the year 2008... " my college convocation". Gosh, thinking about this year convocation really made me laugh. As part of the college administrator, I would pity the so called management or maybe the convocation committee. As part of the college student, I can't help but laugh at the convocation committee. Ths is the lousiest convocation that I had ever during my employment here. It was never been humilated as how it was now. Why would I say this? This is because of the late minute changing venue, messy arrangement, last minute invitation letter and no official announcement to the staff about the changing of the venue. Everything was in total messed!
Who to blame in this case? I guess I would said it's the convocation committee. At the first place, they should have consulted the students about what they want. Well, it's the student's convocation. Not theirs' convocation. So why make a drastic and radical planning when they knew that it will never be accepted by students. Like what the owner of the college said, students are the customers. If they can't fulfill or understand the needs of the customers, then they failed. I still do not understand why they would do that. After all those flying emails here and there, they still insisted that students are the minorities. Hallo?? Minorities? Let's do a counting.. how many staffs are in the college and how many students are in the college? How could someone said that. Gosh... that person really made everyone pissed off at her. And you still expect people to respect you after all these? Oh, perhaps that person should forget it and leave. Thanks to the owner of the college, he is much more understanding. I like the idea that he put them in... "BN loses because they never listen to the Rakyat". So listen to what we want, not what you want. It has been a tradition that convocation should be held in a hotel. It had been our college tradition. It's not that we do not love our college, but this is once in a lifetime opportunity. Of course we want it to be great and prestige. You can called us shallow minded, but this is who we are.
After a long "debate and emailing", it finally changed. The venue was relocated to a nice five stars hotel in KL. Finally, someone listened to us. Thank you. If the committee could understand and think from the students' side, all these ugly moments will never happen. The committee can still proudly walk to the stage on that day of the event. Now, they had lose the "war". All the pride and respect has gone. It will never happen if you care for the students. Now, everything has to be dismantled. Whatever preparation done, must be changed and abolished. Waste of efforts, money and time. Pls cut costs! Do not spend unnecessarily. I think the college's management got the slap right to their face now. And I am writing this when I am still a student now. Graduand of year 2009! We will definitely going to make the management take our wants seriously. We do not want a miserable and all last minute convocation... We deserve more than that... :)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment