Finally, it's over... my first toastmaster's speech. The title of my speech was All I have in year 2008. Basically it was about the major events that had taken place in my life during year 2008. Oh well, it was supposed to be a icebreaking speech. I shared with the rest about my proudest moment, the craziest things that I had done this year, the sad part and also the frustrating part. Let me elaborate some here too.
My proudest moment would be the fashion fiesta 2008. I shared with the audience about what happened during the process of completing the whole show and how my models made me proud on the stage that night. It was the best event that HICT ever had.
The craziest things that I had done was the Singapore Airlines's interview. The moment I said this out, my president, Mr. Victor had his laughter. Yeah, I know it sounded impossible. Shireen Ng went for SIA's interview? Joke of the month! But thanks to that someone, I still gave it a tried. Although it did not went well, I am glad that I took up the challenge. Thinking back I still do not know from where my courage came from.
My sad part would be I am graduating soon. Actually I can't wait anymore longer for it. It has been so many years that I am still called a student. Student... assignments...tests... and exams. Ugh.. I am kinda bored with them now. Still thinking if I should continue my master later in future. Anyway, coming back... graduation also mean I am going to leave all my friends and some of them had left for good. Never know when we will meet up again or maybe never for life. After all those craziest times we spent together, it was a heartaching thinking that everyone is going own their own way now.
And finally the frustrating part. When that moment I spoke the sentence from my mouth, " ..it was the repainting of the student lounge room", everyone was "... ohhh". I bet they must felt angry inside for me being mean. Oh well, I was frustrated and it was my speech. I do not care if they were. Stop me if they can... lol... anyway, it was past and I am fine now. Victor came to me after that and apologized for it. Oh... it was a lil late, don't he? Haha...
Overall my speech was fine. I was complimented but of course there were mistakes too. Just have to take them up and make use of them next time. I still thinking now if I should quit this Toastmaster. Kinda boring but it will definitely benefits me. Thinking.. still thinking... hmmm
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment