Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ADP = Best in HICT? Can?

It's been days since I updated my blog.. Why? Cause I am going through some super peak time at work. It is the beginning of the new semester. I do not know why but everything seems to be very messy for this semester. From orientation to enrollment... from enrollment to timetable... from timetable to lecturers... sigh.. I am really speechless actually. I am still thinking how to sort things out. At times I really stuck... not knowing what I am doing. I know that there are lot of things I need to do, just that I am totally out of my mind. What is the actual problems in ADP? Why it is so hard to control the 250 students? How can I do to make it better? I think there are too many manual works that takes away all the times and efforts. Looking at this mess, Say Pin and I are really looking into how to make things simpler and easier. I think we need to sort things out within these two months before the midterm. We really do not want things to get out of our hands anymore. There are too many add and drop this semester. Gosh... can't you guys just stick to what you had pre-enrolled earlier... After what we have been through all these while, I think it is time to make drastic changes in ADP department. I think me and say pin need to prepare study plan for all the first two years students. Fix the subjects that they need to enroll for the first two years. By limiting the subjects offer to each year students, I think we can control the situation better. From next semester onwards, each subject will only take in 40 students. Meaning we need to make sure that only those eligible students are allow to enrol for that particular subject. We are trying to things easier for us and also the students. Creating timetable with so many classes clashes is not an easy task. How do we create a timetable that have no clashes when all the four years students are taking it? We might also need to practice the previous method to do twice enrollment... one pre-course enrollment and another course enrollment. We are trying to minimize the add and drop amendment. IT'S VERY SCARY to see add and drop form that are as tall as a yellow pages book. Gosh... seriously... so many add and drop at one semester? This is why I have decided to not allowing any more add and drop of any subjects once a student has done their enrollment. Erm...I mean from next semester onwards... this semester is too late to do anything. I think me and say pin need to sit down with all the students one by one to prepare their study plan. All the students need to follow the study plan for each of their semester enrollment. No more add and drop is allow in the next semester. Have to be really strict this time... or else we will get crazy! Oh... I nearly forgot about the MQA submission... argh!!!! Need to finalise the MQA reports by March 2009 and we do not even have the time to do so. I think this is ridiculous to ask the program coordinator to do all the reports and submission. Then why do they need to hire someone and put them in-charged of the MQA? I really have no idea on how to get this MQA submission done... To be frank, I hate doing the paperwork and documentation... moreover it is the MQA thingy... if possible, I do not even want to get involve with. See... I am enjoying myself working in ADP because I enjoy working with the students. I am trying my best to fulfill what Victor wants me to do. I want to assist him because I know he needs someone to help him out. Therefore, no matter how much I hate paperwork, I still think on how to make things easier for him... and also for everyone. The worst thing is the people around me that I am not happy working with. The not friendly environment in college really freaks me out sometimes. A place where people are not sincere and hipocrite... a place where people are backstabbing each other... a place where people never wants me to have any achievement... a place where too much politic is going on... a place where people are acting selfish in everything... and a place where people are not united. I really do not want to give up so easily. Oh God... please give me the strength to go on... I do not want to quit so easily.

Can someone please show me ways to make everything simpler and easier for everyone? Can someone tell me how to make ADP department a better one? I just wish to make ADP department the best one in HICT. I want to make ADP to be the coolest school in HICT. But I just do not know how... sigh... depressed betul!

1 comment:

SumBoy said...

import andrew chan :P