"Hokkien lang speak hokkien pls! Hokkien lang kong hokkien ueh! "
I woke up at 12pm today.. wanted to sleep longer but hokkien song from downstairs has urged me to get up from my bed asap. It was the repeat show of yesterday live "World Hokkien Singing Competition" at Taiwan. I has been following this competition from the early stage. Couldn't watched it live on new year eve had somehow make my sad, and how could I ever miss the repeat show today. Part of the reason why I wanted to watch this was because there was a Malaysian finalist. Malaysian of course must support Malaysian mah... Malaysian spirit betull... hehehe.. Alright... back to the show... Listening to Hokkien song after song somehow made me begin to love hokkien language. I used to have this assumption that speaking hokkien is a lil low standard. That is why I hardly speak hokkien when I am outside. I do not want people to look one kind at me if I speak hokkien. But looking at the supports and cheers people has for the show, I think I should change my assumption now. I should be proud of how I am. I am hokkien and I should speak hokkien. My best buddy, Christine gave me some hokkien songs recently. She said she loves hokkien song, and maybe she wants me to love hokkien song too. That is why she gave me the hokkien songs. But guess what.. I am listening to the songs over and over again these few days. * can even sing few of them now... hahaha*
And when next time if got people started to laugh at me for singing or speaking hokkien, I have to tell them that one of our Malaysian won the world hokkien singing competition and who knows I might be the next! Ok... ok... stop laughing there...I am just joking ok.. How can Shireen Ng sing hokkien song when she can't even speak proper hokkien. So first thing to do now is to improve my hokkien language! ... "ai teo di sim tia tia, siu teo di sim tia tia"... oklar... only learn this two sentences as for now...
Actually a small part of why I want to watch this singing competition is because of a cute guy who also participated. Haha.. I know... because of one guy right... what to do... He is cute mah... summo can sing so well... can compose song so well.. and also can dance so well... HOW TO RESIST HIM??!! Ok.. cool down... cool down... Yes, he already fulfilled few of the criteria to love Shireen Ng. So you tell me now... how not to see this competition right?? Haha... sampat betul.. what to do when the people around me are also sampat... *stop looking here and there.. you know who are u*
Seriously.. I want to change my assumption on hokkien language. I need to take it out and renew it with something better. Something better such as the beauty of hokkien language and how I should be proud of it. So to the people out there, stop looking one kind at me when I speak hokkien.. I am Hokkien lang ok... so I speak hokkien ueh. * Ceh... gaya betul aku.... haha*
Oklar... now I boh eng want to write long long.. want to continue sing my hokkien song... Sayonara and Good night!
~Ai teo di sim tia tia .... siu teo di sim tia tia..... x10~
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
*snores* while Shireen sings...
CANNOT SLEEP LA!!!! SO LUAN! ahahaha
wa pun si hokien lang.
but wa punya hokien vely bo ho.
pai seh pai seh
Post a Comment