Tuesday, November 25, 2008

37 days to go before year 2009...

It's end of the year now... another 37 days to go before we step into the year 2009. This is time where people started talking about new year resolution... holidays... increment and bonuses... We can't run away from these issues. It is like a yearly routine. Everyone will come out with their new year resolution.. "I want to buy new car" ... "I want to graduate this year!"... "I want to go to Europe for holiday"... "I want to get a new gf/bf". I used to do this too... but to be honest, I think most of them went go down into the drain. Oh come on... it was just a resolution. People just have it because everyone is having it. Who wants to be the odd one? So my new year resolution for year 2009 would be....hmm..let me think... " To graduate? I am going to be..definitely!"... erm... "To buy a new mobile? Is that necessary? Nah....I think I will cancel this off"... "To go to Bali for a holiday trip? Almost paid for it.. need time to reconsider"... "To set up a business venture with my friends? Maybe.. it's time to take risk now, or I will be sitting in the office forever".... What else I want in year 2009... Can't really think of anymore now.. to be continued...

Increment and bonuses is always an important issue when comes to end of the year. Everyone will be wondering if the company will give out increment and bonuses as an incentive to the one year hard work and effort. Comes to think of it, it's been 2 years since I received my last bonus. Wow... 2 years without bonus... actually it was pretty bad for me. Whenever comes to new year, it is the time to spend more money. This is why I hate new year... especially comes to Chinese New Year... sigh... money just flung out easily and faster. Really wish this year will be the year where shireen ng receive bonus... hahha... Some people will say that bonus only will be given out if the company is performing and the staff must perform very well to deserve that. But come to the fact, how would the staff knows if the company is profitable or not. Not that the company is going to show their accounts to the staff. And bonuses should be adjusted or budgeted monthly in the accounts. There is no reason why bonuses should not be given out if the company is not performing. Moreover, bonus is an incentives to motivate the staff to work harder in the coming year. Without bonus, I strongly believe that the staff will never work harder or perform better for the company. Come on... just the matter of few thousands dollar... take it out and make everyone happy!

No comments: