Sunday, November 2, 2008

A good conversation...

When I was having conversation with my lecturer yesterday, I realized that he is right about me. I am lil scare that he actually understand what type of people I am. I guess because he is a marketer and he is very good in observing. He told me that I am still lost. Lost and do not know what I want in my life. Do not know where to go to pursue my career. Should I remain in the education industry? Or should I leave this place after 2009? What can I do outside if I really leave? I think he is right, I am not ready to leave this place yet until I know what I want. The problem is how do I get to know what I want. My lecturer said that I should remain for at least another 2 years. The company is in the revolution era. This is the best place and time to expose myself to the "real world". He is asking me to help him in his new to be department. He is taking over a new Australian program and he wants me to help him. I do not know if this is a good decision. I just got transfered to the ADP department. But I know that if I were to transfer to the Australian program under my lecturer, there will lot of things that I will have to learn which is good for me. I have been doing nothing much in this ADP Department. My lecturer knows that I am a type of person who will never satisfy by just sitting there doing nothing. I need things to keep me busy... I needs things to tie me down to this place. I do not want to waste my time here and learning nothing at the end. Perhaps I should consider to accept my lecturer's offer...

My lecturer told me that going to Canada will never help me to settle down. It was like running from my problems here and leaving everything here. Things will be the same for me there in later time. As a lecturer, he is giving me advices to make me think and grow mature. I accepted his goodwill. I think I should stay for another 2 years and started looking into myself... I do not have much time to make more mistakes and return to the starting point. My friend, Sean asked for my opinion regarding his new career pathway. Like me, he is still do not know what he wants in his life. I could only advise him based on my experiences. I told him to consider to go back and help in his newly family's business. He will gain a lot of experiences as he grows along with the company. This is the time to build up his solid foundation if he wants to build up his own company one day. I think he would accept my opinion as he kept agreeing with my thoughts.

Thinking back myself now, maybe I am suitable to be a counselor. I am good in giving advices and people listen to me. I do not have persuasive ability but to counsel is a easy thing for me. I has been counseling many of my friends when they asked for my opinion. Haha... hmm... should I start looking into this area as well? Education consultant? Lecturer? Oh... too many things in my head now... Still confused... Maybe not now... :)

No comments: